Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Camera Movement

Sometimes alot of movement can be TOO MUCH movement. What I've learned over all about movement of the camera is that subtle is best! When you watch movies, without a trained eye, you notice that something weird happened with the shot your looking at, but it wasn't anything you could describe. All you know is it fit with the story. So subtle quick movement in my opinion can be the best movement. My favorite movement is the character push-in. After watching movies for so long I had never noticed that in almost every movie when a person finds something out new, or is lonely there is a character push in or push out to add dramatic effect.


I also like wired movements to add to the awkwardness of a movie. For instance in Spike Lee's "Inside Man"

Speed up to 0:57. Cool way to add tension and focus of the eye without crushing the d.o.f.

No comments:

Post a Comment