Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WHAT I KNOW ABOUT CAMERAS

I have learned so many things about cameras this semester. And the most important thing I learned is that there is really no good or bad camera, but instead the best camera for a particular situation. So, I've learned to understand what I want to accomplish then research the specs of each camera I'm familiar with in order to find the camera that best suits my situation.

The camera that I've had the most fun with and the one I would probably use as a professional documentarian is the Sony HDV.  It's small, easy to hold, looks great in low light and I can use filters to manipulate an image. Also the HDV is capable of crushing the depth of field. Also, the HDV uses tapes! I know a lot of people think tapes are tedious but in the long run you will always have a hard copy of your video footage if your hard drive ever decides to crash.

I would also invest in an DSLR t2i for shooting some of my more poignant beauty shots. I do agree there is an artistic/cinematic feel you get when you shoot with the DSLR that you don't really get with many other cameras that are worth the same price. For the quality, DSLR is a fairly inexpensive choice, but it couldn't be my only camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment